Finance-AW53 Online Services
Currency Swap[25 POINTS]
The music company Spotifywants to raise USD for its American operations while the app Summly wants to raise EUR for its European operations. Spotifyneeds $10 million for 5 years and Summly needs €8 million for 5 years. The Spot($/€) rate is 1.25$/€ and the interest rates that they face on their own are
|Borrowing in USD||Borrowing in EUR|
|Spotify||2% fixed in Euro-$ market||2.5% fixed in € money-market|
|Summly||1.5% fixed in $ money-market||3% fixed in Euro-€ market|
An intermediary bank can set up a currency swap for the two companies but it will
Pay a 1.25% deposit rate on the $ and charge 1.75% loan rate on the $
Pay a 2.25% deposit rate on the € and charge 2.75% loan rate on the €
Write the 0–5 year cashflows for the $ debt and for the € debt that the bank receives as well as pays. [12 points]
By the end of two years, the new Spot rate is $1.35/€, and the interest rates have fallen such that the bank will:
Pay a 1% deposit rate on the $ and charge 1.5% loan rate on the $
Pay a 2% deposit rate on the € and charge 2.5% loan rate on the €
How much would the two companies be willing to pay/receive from the bank at the end of t=2, if they want to unwind the swap and walk away from their obligations with a t=2 payment? [13 points]
2. Futures [25 points]
Futures on Euros are sold in bundles of €62,500. Suppose you entered into a Futures contract yesterday to buy €62,500 at $1.31/€ and the price closes today at $1.36. How much have you made/lost? [5 points]
1. Yesterday, you entered into a futures contract to buy €62,500 at $1.30 per €. Your initial margin account is $2,000 and your maintenance (threshold) level is $1,500. At what settlement price will you get a “margin call” (i.e., a demand for additional funds to be posted)? [5 points]
1. Yesterday, you entered into a futures contract to sell €62,500 at $1.30 per €. Your initial margin account is $2,000 and your maintenance (threshold) level is $1,500. At what settlement price will you get a “margin call” (i.e., a demand for additional funds to be posted)? [5 points]
1. Today’s settlement price on a Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) Yen futures contract is $1.20/¥100, and the contractual size of one CME Yen contract is ¥12,500,000. Your margin account currently has a balance of $2,000. The next three days’ settlement prices are $1.28/¥100, $1.23/¥100, and $1.18/¥100. If you have along position in one Futures contract, then how much would the balance of the margin account be at the end of: first day, second day, and third day? [3 x 2 points]
1. If the S($/€) = 1.3250 and the monthly interest rates are r$ = 0.5% and r€ = 1.0%, then what would be the current trading price of a 3-month Future on the EUR? [4 points]
How it Works
How It works ?
Step 1:- Click on Submit your Assignment here or shown in top menu of every page and fill the quotation form with all the details. In the comment section, please mention product code mentioned in end of every Q&A Page. You can also send us your details through our email id firstname.lastname@example.org with product code in the email body. Product code is essential to locate your questions so please mentioned that in your email or submit your quotes form comment section.
Step 2:- While filling submit your quotes form please fill all details like deadline date, expected budget, topic , your comments in addition to product code . The date is asked to provide deadline.
Step 3:- Once we received your assignments through submit your quotes form or email, we will review the Questions and notify our price through our email id. Kindly ensure that our email id email@example.com must not go into your spam folders. We request you to provide your expected budget as it will help us in negotiating with our experts.
Step 4:- Once you agreed with our price, kindly pay by clicking on Pay Now and please ensure that while entering your credit card details for making payment, it must be done correctly and address should be your credit card billing address. You can also request for invoice to our live chat representatives.
Step 5:- Once we received the payment we will notify through our email and will deliver the Q&A solution through mail as per agreed upon deadline.
Step 6:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Features for Assignment Help
We believe in providing perfect, relevant and 100% accurate solutions to the student as per questions asked. All our experts are perfect in providing that so as to give unique experience to the students.
We are the only service providers boasting of providing original, relevant and accurate solutions. Our three stage quality process help students to get perfect solutions.
All our works are kept as confidential as we respect the integrity and privacy of our clients.
- Accounting Homework Help
- Business Law Homework Help
- Management Homework Help
- Finance Tutor Help
- Finance Homework Help
- Geology Homework Help
- HR Management Homework Help
- Humanities Homework Help
- Information Management Help
- Linguistics Homework Help
- Managerial Accounting Help
- Mathematics Tutor Help
- Nursing Homework Help
- Operations Management Help
- Project Management Homework
- Statistics Tutor Help
- Essay Writing Services
- Writing Services Australia
- Finance Online Exam Help
- Writing Services In UK
3. Money -Market Hedge [25 POINTS]
Ford Motor Co. buys steel from Posco of Korea, one of the leading steel companies in the world. Say, Ford is billed 1.75 billion Korean Won (KRW) for the steel, and the payment is due in 6 months. Suppose that the Spot rate is KRW1100/USD and 6-month Forward rate is KRW1113/USD, and the annual interest rates are rUSD = 5% and rKRW = 7.5%.
How would Ford hedge this risk with a Money Market Hedge? Explain all the steps involved in the hedge, clearly identify what you are doing (what are you borrowing and what are you investing), what are the matching asset and liability in this hedge, and draw a table showing the inflows and outflows at t=0 and t=6.
4. Interests Rate Swap [25 points]
a) Life of Pies Baking Goods faces a borrowing cost of 10.25% at the fixed rate and (LIBOR + 0.5%) at the floating rate. 30 Rock Construction Company faces a borrowing cost of 12.75% at the fixed rate and (LIBOR + 1.5%) at the floating rate.
b) Without calculating the QSD, describe which way would an interest rate swap between the above two companies work – i.e., would the swap work if Life of Pies wanted to raise money at the fixed rate or would the swap work if it wanted to raise money at the floating rate? You should simply describe your answer in words, without having to calculate anything. [5 points]
Suppose the two companies set up the swap through an intermediary bank, and say, the QSD is divided equally between these three parties. Now, set up the interest rate swap. You must show the diagram with arrows indicating the relevant interest payments; this diagram should clearly indicate the market where the companies are originally raising capital. Following the diagram, write the equations that describe the set of all feasible interest rate swaps between these parties.You must simplify the equations of the feasible set to get full points.[15 points]
C) Given the feasible set of all interest rate swaps, pick one specific swap that would work. [5 points]
Product code: Finance-AW53
Looking for Finance-AW53,please click here