Management-AW348 Online Services
Management, Strategy & Organisations
GallifordTry plc: Corporate structure, parenting and portfolio management.
GallifordTry is a leading UK housebuilding and construction group. Results for 2014 included a 21% increase in revenue to £1, 768 million, 28% increase in profit before tax to £95.2 million, a decrease in year end debt to £5.1 million (£14.4 million in 2013) and a return on net assets of 20.8% (16.6% 2013). (Annual Report 2014)
GallifordTry is structured in two divisions; Housebuilding (including Linden Homes and Galliford Try Partnerships) and Construction (including Building, Infrastructure and PPP Investments).
1. Using appropriate frameworks assess the level diversification of GallifordTry and discuss the logic of the portfolio.
2. What role has a variety of strategic development methods (organic growth, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures) played in the management of GallifordTry?
3. How does the long term development of GallifordTry reflect the historical perspective of corporate diversification as discussed by Goold and Luchs (1993)?
Up to ten marks will be awarded for the executive summary and the overall standard of presentation, (including correct Harvard style referencing). Exceeding the word count will incur a 5 mark penalty. This assignment constitutes 60% of the module assessment.
You will also need to read: Goold, M. And Luchs, K. (1993) Why diversify? Four decades of management thinking. Academy of Management Executive, 7(3), pp.7-25
Only a soft copy of the report needs to be submitted, with the word count listed on the front page. It should be a professionally written business report, suitable for presentation to a management team. You could envisage this as a report for potential investors that will explain the nature of the firm to help them reach a decision to invest or not. (You are not required to present financial forecasts to quantify the potential of an investment).
Remember: Plagiarism can be detected and is a serious offence with severe consequences.
How it Works
How It works ?
Step 1:- Click on Submit your Assignment here or shown in top menu of every page and fill the quotation form with all the details. In the comment section, please mention product code mentioned in end of every Q&A Page. You can also send us your details through our email id email@example.com with product code in the email body. Product code is essential to locate your questions so please mentioned that in your email or submit your quotes form comment section.
Step 2:- While filling submit your quotes form please fill all details like deadline date, expected budget, topic , your comments in addition to product code . The date is asked to provide deadline.
Step 3:- Once we received your assignments through submit your quotes form or email, we will review the Questions and notify our price through our email id. Kindly ensure that our email id firstname.lastname@example.org must not go into your spam folders. We request you to provide your expected budget as it will help us in negotiating with our experts.
Step 4:- Once you agreed with our price, kindly pay by clicking on Pay Now and please ensure that while entering your credit card details for making payment, it must be done correctly and address should be your credit card billing address. You can also request for invoice to our live chat representatives.
Step 5:- Once we received the payment we will notify through our email and will deliver the Q&A solution through mail as per agreed upon deadline.
Step 6:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Features for Assignment Help
We believe in providing perfect, relevant and 100% accurate solutions to the student as per questions asked. All our experts are perfect in providing that so as to give unique experience to the students.
We are the only service providers boasting of providing original, relevant and accurate solutions. Our three stage quality process help students to get perfect solutions.
All our works are kept as confidential as we respect the integrity and privacy of our clients.
- Accounting Homework Help
- Business Law Homework Help
- Management Homework Help
- Finance Tutor Help
- Finance Homework Help
- Geology Homework Help
- HR Management Homework Help
- Humanities Homework Help
- Information Management Help
- Linguistics Homework Help
- Managerial Accounting Help
- Mathematics Tutor Help
- Nursing Homework Help
- Operations Management Help
- Project Management Homework
- Statistics Tutor Help
- Essay Writing Services
- Writing Services Australia
- Finance Online Exam Help
- Writing Services In UK
• Integrated and systematically structured report.
• Effective application of relevant concepts.
• Sound strategic analysis.
• Good linkages between sections.
• Relevant credible data sources appropriately referenced. (eg FT, Economist, Company Reports & Accounts, industry reports)
• Maximum 2000 words; executive summary, list of contents, introduction, bibliography or appendices are not included in the word count. This is the absolute limit, there is no +10% allowance.
• Any report submitted late, without an extension granted by your Course Director, will be capped at 40%. Failure to submit within 7 days of the deadline will result in a mark of F0.
• Academic Guidance 7: The University Grade Criteria 2014-15 forms the basis for grading decisions.
When assessing performance it is useful to make comparisons to previous periods and comparable firms. Comparator Companies (as identified by GallifordTry, Annual Report & Accounts 2014, p64) Housebuilding:
Barratt Developments plc; Bellway plc; The Berkeley Group Holdings plc; Bovis Homes Group plc; M J Gleeson plc; Persimmon plc; Redrow plc; and Taylor Wimpey plc.
Balfour Beatty plc; Carillion plc; Costain Group plc; Henry Boot plc; Keller Group plc; Kier Group plc; and Morgan Sindall Group plc.
product code: Management-AW348
Looking for Management-AW348,please click here